Carmeuse is seeking a skilled and experienced Data Engineer to join our team and support our operations digitalization strategy. We have recognized the growing importance of robust data infrastructure and the need for a dedicated Data Engineer who can oversee the optimization of our data pipelines, design efficient data structures, and support the implementation of various data-driven initiatives. The chosen candidate will have the unique opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders, to align our data fabric, develop a roadmap for data points required to support our strategic objectives, and take the lead in designing and testing data structures. This role requires exceptional technical expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the specific data engineering requirements and objectives of the organization.
- Take ownership of the data engineering process and work closely with the team to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of data pipelines and structures for all smart plant initiatives.
- Align the data fabric for our initial Pilot facilities, working in coordination with our business and vendor counterparts to effectively meet the data needs for all initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive roadmap outlining the data points necessary to support various initiatives, such as digital twin, predictive capabilities, and reporting.
- Assist in the creation of a roll-out plan for additional facilities, including scaling documents, updating packages for our data fabric technologies, and refining data structures.
- Lead the design efforts, iterating on data structures to optimize performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and external resources, to delegate and oversee tasks where necessary to speed up development.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices in data engineering, recommending and implementing improvements where appropriate.
- 3-5 years’ experience proven experience as a Data Engineer, demonstrating expertise in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and systems.
- Familiar with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and their data structures in industrial environments.
- Experience with industrial data transfer protocols such as OPC-UA, Modbus, and TCP/IP.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Proficient in programming languages commonly used in data engineering, such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and their respective data engineering tools (e.g., AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory).
- Experience in working with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex data sets and identify data quality issues.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of cloud software, application, data storage, systems engineering.
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics.
- Versed in multiple programming and scripting languages.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Experience with IaaS/ PaaS solutions of AWS, Azure, or similar cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in data migration from on-prem to cloud.
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it’s a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company’s most treasured resources are its people.Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to hrsupport
@carmeuse.com. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
You will be part of Carmeuse Americas, a Rock-Star team of 2500 workers and employees bringing with them their own culture and specific needs. The Americas headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA and have over three dozen production facilities across the Eastern U.S., Canada, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia.