Job Reference ID:
- Assist in the programming development of projects in Data science. It could be including artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, robotic process automation, data visualization and natural language processing
- Implement the AI or Data Science project into software application system
- Organize knowledge sharing presentation and demonstration to the team
- Improve the existing systems by using the latest technology
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science, Data Science, FinTech or similar. The role is focus on the ability to realize idea into IT software system.
- Good programming skills, design and concept
- Knowledge in python
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Knowledge in node.js and web application development is a plus
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within the Market Risk department in Asia, the Data, Design and Digital Office (DDO) is responsible for the design of risk processes with the use of new technologies like Machine Learn, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. It has setup a Laboratory to pilot projects and applied research on Innovation. The mission of the office is to transform the busines process to support the development of the business and to meet the regulatory challenges of tomorrow. The Office is also responsible for all the tactical tools development and support for all risk processes and analytics.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.