Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist capable of using machine learning and statistical techniques to build state-of-the-art data products (predictive analytics, prescriptive solutions, decision support, and decision automation data systems) using extensive and diverse Big Data sets from our technology development and manufacturing teams.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Micron, you will
- Employ techniques and theories drawn from areas of mathematics, statistics, semiconductor physics, materials science, and information technology to uncover patterns in data from which predictive models, actionable insights, and solutions can be developed.
- Interact with Data Scientists at both senior and junior levels and cross functional teams to solve business critical problems using machine learning.
- Independently develop software programs, algorithms and/or automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. There will be significant opportunities to perform exploratory and new solution development activities and drive innovation.
- Guide/Coach Data Scientists in Innovative methods and execution
- Strong desire to grow a career as a Data Scientist in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis and machine learning on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning. Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Expert in Python and/or R
- pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase), Snowflake is a plus
- Experience in Tensorflow, pyTorch, and/or other statistical software, JUMP including scripting capability for automating analyses is a plus
- Experience working with time-series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a plus
- Existing papers from CVPR, NIPS, ICML, KDD, and other key conferences are plus, but this is not a research position
- Strong software development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team
B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical or Physics.
M.S. or Ph.D. with specialization in Data analytics, mathematics, Physics, Statistics, computer science.
5+ years in data science and machine learning.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.