At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What youâll learn & achieve::
Uses advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to collect and analyze data and construct solutions to complex business and research problems. Performs advanced statistical analysis on experimental or business data to identify, validate and quantify solutions based on problem statements from business or research leaders. Constructs advanced predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis or product functions; verifies model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results. Develops project proposals based on knowledge of applicable business and research domains. Designs research plans and methodologies to generate, collect and analyze data for strategic business programs. Helps build business and customer solutions to maximize the usage and quality of data. Helps to build and influences the data infrastructure and business system design in order to support data science and advanced business intelligence capabilities, including predictive analytics.
- Leads data science projects that address strategic business and safety science initiatives that solve customer, industry and societal problems.
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve analytics, business and research problems.
- Leads programs of multiple complex experiments, hypotheses, and models to explore significant and complex business and safety science systems.
- Conducts advanced data analyses using traditional and complex statistical methods. Designs and implements software systems and algorithms to perform analyses on retrospective and real-time data.
- Aggregates, transforms and integrates multiple, large data sets to test hypothesis, model complex systems and identify patterns. Prepares and analyzes program/model output to allow for efficient data analysis.
- Writes methodology, analysis and data insights for proposals and presentations. Synthesizes all aspects of a data science project to lead non-technical audiences through the goals, methods and implications of the project.
- Transforms complex data and results into creative graphs, tables, charts and other graphics/visuals to present and/or share the data in a compelling and concise manner. Ability to “tell the story” that is in the data.
- Works with business leaders and researchers to suggest other projects and initiatives that will advance the organizations goals.
- Coaches, mentors and teaches data analysts, data scientists and others on the methods, processes, and technologies associated with data science and analytics.
What makes you a great fit::
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's or Master’s degree) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline plus generally 5-7 years of experience in data, statistical analysis, database design, and business systems for business intelligence.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with R, SAS, Java, DAX, or Python programming language. 3-5 years’ experience manipulating large datasets and using databases with experience in general purpose programming language such as Hadoop. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerBI and SalesForce Einstein.
- Ability to develop solutions to loosely defined business or research problems by leveraging innovative methods on large data sets.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms, pattern recognition, neural networks and other advanced data science tools.
- Ability to organize, analyze and correlate data information.
What youâll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, please visit www.ul.com