Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
- Develops and troubleshoots data integration solutions with complex data transformations and provides guidance to other team members
- Influences other team members to achieve commitments per guidance from Chapter Leads and actively contributes to agile ceremonies
- Demonstrates strong technical aptitude across data engineering practices:
- Utilizing variety of tools to profile, secure the data in transit and at rest; and to enforce data Governance Controls and Alerting
- Designing advanced SQL queries
- Leveraging metadata-driven framework for solutions
- Developing test scripts for unit and integration testing
- Develops test methodologies for specific products
- Leads code review sessions and other process and operational improvement initiatives
- Exhibits fluency with use of supplemental tools and technologies involved in data integration (Unix/Linux, TWS/Control-M or alike, BI stack)
- Works on holistic solutions, driving feature and story delivery (Agile)
- Identifies and effectively communicates upstream and downstream impacts for changes in the data pipeline
- Participates in the on-call rotation for support
- Demonstrates effective and clear communication in team and cross-functional meetings, and lead tech communities
- Builds strong collaborative working relationship both within the team and cross-functionally
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- ETL/ELT Tools (AbInitio, DataStage, Informatica)
- Cloud Tools and Databases (AWS, Snowflake)
- Other programming languages (Unix scripting, Python, etc.)
- Leverage CI/CD framework for data integration, Open Source
- Experience working in cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Basic understanding of key infrastructure concepts (data centers as well as cloud hosting platform) to support business data needs
- Experience optimizing SQL both relational and nosql
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)