About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
We are looking for a Data Scientist with strong data and analytical skills. You will be tasked with managing all aspects any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with COO business and CDO in order to gather specific modelling requirements and define and scope the work. In addition, as Data Scientist you will also work closely with internal staff, clients and 3rd parties.
You will be responsible for:
- You will be building Statistical/Machine Learning models in either Python or R to solve business problems using Advanced Analytics.
- You will be presenting results of your analysis and interpreting outputs of your models to give recommendations to the stakeholders.
- You will be maintaining and documenting produced code and modelling process.
- You will be working with data engineers to prepare and integrate data from various data sources.
- You will be helping data engineers and ML engineers with model deployment.
- You will be cooperating with (both technical and non-technical) from various Bank departments to adjust analytics solution to the business needs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience in the data science field.
- Preferably higher education in one of the following fields: Math / Quantitative Methods / Econometrics / Information Systems, Physics.
- Solid experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Python or R.
- Experience in application of statistics, classification, regression, segmentation and dimensionality reduction methods and preferably in any of the following data science related areas: econometrics, time-series analysis, optimization methods, Bayesian statistics, natural language processing.
- Solid understanding of most of the following algorithms: linear regression, logistic regression, decision and regression trees, random forest, boosting algorithms (e.g.: XGBoost), k-means, hierarchical clustering and principal component analysis.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the following data science concepts: bias-variance trade-off, regularization, model evaluation metrics, cross-validation, bootstrapping, hyperparameter tuning, feature selection, feature engineering.
- Experience in relational databases using SQL.
- Experience in data visualisation.
Nice to have:
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GIT).
- Experience in cloud technologies.
- Experience in ML Ops.
- Experience with ETL and data engineering.
- Experience with Spark and other big data technologies.
- Knowledge of graph databases and knowledge graph applications in data science is a plus (e.g. Neo4j).
You will be offered:
Standard benefits that we are offering including:
- Career development in a fast-growing company with a clear business strategy.
- Opportunity to expand international experience and build global professional relations.
- Competitive benefits package (incl. health & life insurance, pension plan, meal & sports cards).
- 3 days of paid volunteering leave our employees can use to support the cause of their choice.
- We mainly work remotely, but if you prefer to work from the office we have a convenient location (next to Rondo Daszyńskiego) with subway, tram and bus lines.
- Comfortable office space with chillout areas, free coffee/tea & fruit supply.
- Contribution to building our newest Global Business Services centre.
- 26 days of leave per year for all the employees.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers