… being part of a team that helps Rabobank and its clients to keep ahead of market developments in a rapidly changing world. Rabobank has a broad client base in the Netherlands and internationally serves clients in the global food and agricultural supply chain ‘from farm to fork’. You would provide insights on how to sustainably grow a better world together.
Cooperating with other data-scientists and researchers, you will contribute to the further development of RaboResearch as a leading knowledge center. As data scientist you will be involved in a variety of research projects with the aim to generate insights via quantitative analytics. You will gather information and data, build models using econometric and data science techniques, code them in python and communicate the results in publications and presentations.
Making a difference
- You will be a specialist in advanced data analytics and fulfil a broad role in developing data analytics at RaboResearch.
- You will co-develop, maintain and use quantitative models in areas relevant to the Bank’s core business along recurring and thematic research workflows in the areas of food and agribusiness sectors, global financial markets and economics.
- You will use your extensive knowledge in modelling and quantitative research skills in a cloud based environment.
- You will build and maintain lasting relationships with internal and external clients and develop and execute a proactive research agenda delivering maximum value to the business and translate analytical findings into value.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
- Using granular data on foundational damage risks and on house transactions, estimating the potential impact of foundations damage risks on house prices in the Netherlands.
The Data4Food program, which sources and combines data across the global F&A chain to develop new services for our clients.
With Each other
At RaboResearch we deliver relevant and distinctive insights for the bank and its clients. The different RaboResearch departments cover international food and agribusiness sectors, global financial markets and the economies relevant to Rabobank, most importantly the Netherlands, US, Brazil and Australia. Our forecasts and scenarios are used in key risk processes of the bank as well as for helping clients to make decisions in uncertain times. Our thematic research provides a deep understanding of the changes which the bank and its clients face.
Boyd: “As a data scientist it is an immense opportunity to have access to such a unique and rich set of data as that of Rabobank. At RaboResearch we manage the whole research process, from data collection to presenting insights to clients and that gives me the chance to develop myself towards a versatile and valuable data professional.”
Complex problem solving, creativity, and client orientation are essential for the role of Data Scientist at RaboResearch. Hence it is important that you meet the following characteristics:
- A master’s degree or PhD in econometrics, data science or relevant quantitative discipline
- Knowledge or experience working in food and agribusiness, climate, sustainability, financial markets or economics would be an asset.
- A solid foundation of statistics, econometrics, predictive modelling and machine learning
- Experience in geospatial data analysis (with GeoPandas/GeoTrellis/GeoPySpark) or natural language processing is a plus.
- Modelling experience in real-life business settings with traditional (structural/econometrics) and algorithmic (machine learning/Bayesian) approaches.
- Experience in big data analytics, including working with SQL and Spark on an Azure based environment
- Strong hands-on programming skills (preferably with Python) and experience in deploying models Strong self-learning skills to follow (and to make use of) the latest developments in the fields of modelling and big data development
- Ability to translate stakeholders’ needs for insights into research projects with a quantitative scope
- Ability to deliver services to meet internal and external client expectations
- Ability to work productively in a global team, think critically and debate issues with a team from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate research results effectively by translating complex models and outputs to clients and stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Dutch, Portuguese or Spanish, both verbally and in writing, is considered an advantage
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate.
In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary between scale 8 and 10 with a monthly salary between € 3.212,- and € 6.322,- (depending on role and seniority level)
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- An Employee Benefit Budget; You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- compensation for your commute if you travel by public transport or car;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join RaboReseach and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Respond via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, Senior Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- A programming assignment is a part of the hiring process.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at email@example.com
- You will be stationed at Rabobank HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands but will be working from home for as long as the Covid-19 measures require this. We will take care of your onboarding and make you feel welcome as a new member of our team. Post-Covid, we expect to return to the office in a flexible way (part office, part home).
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!