Your team responsibilities
Our goal is to tackle climate change at the roots. We are building innovative software and data workflows to identify and analyze the exposure to climate change of publicly traded companies. Data from various input sources is used downstream in our climate risk and ESG models to inform the largest financial players in the world of companies’ climate footprint and risks. We offer a unique opportunity to become a crucial part of our mission.
We work in a growing, cross-functional environment together with 30+ researchers and data scientists who want to make an impact on the world with data and modern, cloud-based data processing systems. Our cloud platform is Azure.
We continuously expand our talented IT team, and flexibly hire in various software and data engineering roles tailored to the applicant. We are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Design, plan and deliver a sustainable and modern data solution in the cloud
- Develop, manage, optimize, verify, and test code for data processing
- Design data models that support self-service data driven analytics solutions for researchers and clients
- Automate and speed up data loads, data quality checks, test and more processes to expose data as fast as possible to clients
- Improve, manage, and monitor our workflow automation with modern technologies
- Ensure continuous operations of data computations and data delivery
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Multiple years of experience in software engineering, backend development and data computation. You are familiar with Python, SQL and modern big data platforms
- You have a strong knowledge and high degree of interest in data processing and data quality assurance patterns
- You know your way around modern cloud storages, in-memory databases. data warehouses, data lakes and you can implement data processing solutions with the best tools at your hands
- You have deep interest in some of the following topics: scalable web frameworks, API solutions, data quality management, computational models, project management or leadership
- You are self-motivated, entrepreneurial and have a strong drive to deliver.
- A degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field. Your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.