Financial integrity from the inside out
Looking after the best interests of Vanguard investors starts with having a clear picture of our own business and financial situation.
Global Fund Accounting is looking to build out a data, analytics, and reporting team. We're looking for driven individual to support and consult Senior Leaders across the organization by drawing key insights through data and analytics. This individual will play a significant role in key reporting within Finance and will have an opportunity to build out and enhance metrics across the department. This is an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact to an evolving team by shaping the future of data, analytics, and reporting within Global Fund AccountingIn this role you will:
What it takes:
- Play a significant role in driving the analytics and metric strategy for the department and partner with senior leaders
- Own key reporting being disseminated to senior staff across the organization
- Work closely with teams and drive analytics that have a large impact on Vanguard funds
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand and probe business processes in order to develop hypotheses.
- Bring structure to requests and translates requirements into an analytic approach and provide statistical consultation services.
- Make a meaningful impact to an evolving team by shaping the future of data, analytics, and reporting within Global Fund Accounting
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Expertise in data analytic and visualization with the ability to communicate insights and translate them into tangible actionable solutions for business partners to implement
- Expertise in programming, querying databases, and creating effective visualizations (Python, SQL, AWS, Tableau)
- Ability to manage a portfolio of analytical projects and effectively communicate and set expectations with stakeholders
- Ability to frame business problem into analytical projects and serve as a consultant to the business
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this roleAbout Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.