At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Engineer responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture related to enterprise data warehouse and data lake, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The Data Engineer will work together with the Could Solution Architect and support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout projects and through the data value chain.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who is motivated to optimize data systems and build them from the ground up.
More specifically, in your role of Data Engineer, you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture to meet our business divisions (Aviation, Transportation) and the Corporate functions data needs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL/ELT) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based ‘big data’ technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Data streaming, NoSQL, SQL, programming)
- Integrate data from various resources, and manage the big data as a key enterprise asset.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to assist them in unlocking insight from enterprise data.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Troubleshoot data system issues to quickly recover functionality and ensure high availability of enterprise data solutions
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- You have 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- You have at least 3 years training (academic or on the job) in Agile / SCRUM project delivery
- You have advanced working SQL knowledge, query authoring and experience working with relational databases
- You have experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- You have experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You have experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You have experience in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- You have working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- You have experienced in data protection measures, data privacy and collaboration with Cyber team
- You can demonstrate experience managing controlled/sensitive data internally and externally
- You have knowledge of cloud development & collaboration suites (like Atlassian suite of tools)
- You master AWS and Azure cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Databricks, HDInsight
- You have strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- You know big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- You have experience with Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- You know object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
- You have understanding of GDPR and other regulatory requirements governing data lifecycle management
- You have demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.Job:
Data/System ArchitecturePrimary Location:
10.02.2020, 4:58:04 PMUnposting Date: