About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Experian Insurance Services team (formerly known as Gabi). This is a unique opportunity to build the next generation of cloud-based data tools, business dashboards, and predictive models for our new insurance business vertical. Providing accurate insights and delivering data-powered innovation are core to our success, and this highly impactful role will operate in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment.
If you are a driven data engineer who loves building scalable data platforms, creating cutting edge tools, and moving fast, this position is for you! We are a results-oriented team that is looking to attract high-performing individuals. This role can be based out of San Francisco or remote. Come join us!
What your background looks like:
- 4 years degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics/Machine Learning, Information Technology or another related discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably within Insurance or Financial Services.
- A strong proven proficiency in SQL and NoSQL with experience in modern data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake
- Current cloud technology experience, preferably AWS (S3, RDS, Lambda)
- Knowledge and experience in working with Analytics Platforms like Looker or Tableau.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Candidates with the following skill sets and qualifications will be given special consideration:
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools like Fivetran, AirByte, Dagster or DBT
- Experience supporting data science efforts and machine learning systems
- Extensive experience building systems supporting financial services businesses
- Familiarity creating and using Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Good knowledge/understanding of statistical theory and ML methods is a plus.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- This role can be 100% remote or you can choose to work out of an Experian office.
- 20 days of vacation accrual annually, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays).
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%.
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here