Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a committed Product Manager to join a team responsible for the overall end-user experience of our flagship products, Splunk Cloud & Splunk Enterprise. You will help drive the definition, development, and adoption of key features within our Cloud experience.
You will develop your understanding of the Splunk end-user (which encompasses a mix of personas) to define goals and product features and use your cross-team collaboration skills to drive execution and commercial success.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align to business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to ensure customer insights feed directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, this role will span across product management day-to-day responsibilities and include deep interaction with customers, design, engineering, and sales. This will require you to:
- Understand customer and user needs in-depth and translates those needs into a compelling roadmap. Manage a backlog of innovative features and technical requirements
- Develop insightful success metrics and successfully execute a tactical plan for moving those metrics
- Communicate user needs crisply and succinctly with design and engineering
- Write functional specifications, and set criteria for release readiness with regards to the functionality of the solution
- Collaborate with design, engineering, support, and field teams to successfully deliver products
- Own product features through their entire cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
You are organized, positive, and passionate about working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter with a bias towards action
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent, holistic view
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy
- Strong collaboration with internal and external partners
- Willing to do what it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $80,000. You may also be
eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).