Our client in London is currently seeking a highly experienced and motivated Data Scientist.Summary:
The main function of a data analyst is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database analyst/programmer is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.Job Responsibilities:
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Leverage tools such as Python, R & SQL to drive efficient analytics.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations.
- Experience working with big data analytics tools, and conducting large scale analysis.
- Experience using analytical tools (Tableau, statistical, visualization, GIS / mapping) and data processing and data analytics techniques (Python, R, SQL).
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Associate's degree in computer programming or equivalent training required.