Discovery – Insure
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Discovery Insure
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers. Our commitment is backed up by our innovation and a driving program that really works.
At Discovery Insure, we offer comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage. With our driver behavior program, Vitalitydrive, clients get great rewards and benefits for driving well.
Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to dazzling clients, innovation and great people.
To take guided ownership in the design and modification of business intelligence and MIS systems. The analyst will interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs and produce business dashboards and analytical solutions.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Solving ad-hoc analytical problems
- Presenting and communicating solutions
- Building and maintaining dashboards and automatic reports.
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data
- Determine how to improve existing business processes
- Determine which tasks can be automated
- SQL querying, BI software and advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Understand what the business does and how it does it.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering.
- Analytical Thinking.
- In-depth understanding of Risk Engineering (Advanced)
- Understanding of data and statistics (Advanced)
- Business analysis (Advanced)
- Proven record of design, development and implementation of complex strategies (Advanced)
- Relationship management of diverse stakeholders (Advanced)
- Proficient in written and spoken English (Advanced)
- In-depth understanding of key insurance metrics (estimate maximum loss, business interruption) (Advanced)
- Matric (Essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, Information technology
- 1 years experience in any of the fields specified under essential qualification.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.