As a junior customer data scientist, you will develop and implement data science solutions in customer analytics, which include but not limited to data preparation, model building (e.g., forecasting, classification, regression, NLP etc.), reporting and data visualization. This will be done in close coordination with the business users. To achieve success in these areas, you must be a confident, independent worker, with strong communication skills.
- Exploring our datasets to find new insights about our customers
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations.
- Working with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to bring analytical work into production software
- Analyzing trends and changes in customer behavior
- Execute the implementation of data science initiatives to improve customer engagement
- Be part of the Data community and showcase APAC Zurich use cases
- Explore/acquire new sources of data
- Explore modern Deep Learning and NLP techniques on several topics to assess potential implementation for customer analytics use cases
- Build dashboard and reports in power BI
- Bachelor degree in related fields (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science,…) and 2 or more years of experience in data science
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and predictive modelling techniques such as machine learning, decision tress, probability networks, clustering, neural networks, Gradient Boosting, deep learning, reinforcement learning,...
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in unstructured data, including natural language processing, images, voice data etc
- Expert user in Python, Apache Spark and data wrangling packages.
- Data science experience in similar industry (e.g. insurance, financial services) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Preferably experience with Microsoft Azure environment.
- Strong English language communication skills, and ideally Cantonese or Mandarin skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that’s what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet .
- Location(s): HK - Hong Kong