Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Data Scientist Asset Productivity & Control
Asset Control is seeking for a Data Scientist to assist with continued development and implementation of models that can help us optimize the use of our assets (reduce losses, undercover patters and anticipate to issues). The data scientist will work on the development and automation of tools leveraging cutting edge analytics techniques in partnership with different functions across Brambles.
She/he will be working with large sets of structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to perform analysis, develop tools and provide actionable insights ensuring high quality results aligned with maintaining internal service levels.
- Learn about current data available and propose new data sources to current situation.
- Create optimization models based on business drivers to support Asset Control strategy.
- Responsible for developing tools aimed to proactively monitor the external variables that can affect our business in order to prepare and react better/quicker.
- Evaluate how to use data to extract key trends, predict key indicators and identify business opportunities/risks. Merge this information with CHEP specific business knowledge and develop actionable business insights in line with regional strategy.
- Support improvement initiatives & projects.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure best practices implementation in order to improve service to business stakeholders.
- Propose enhancements on new/current processes (standardization, usability, workload).
- Automate tools in order to provide outputs in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy on predictions.
- Ensure solutions created are aligned with Asset Control strategy.
- Ensure solutions are delivered on a timely manner.
- Internal customers satisfaction.
- Develop solutions in a scalable way, standard and automated.
- Develop processes to efficiently manage data.
- Regional Audit teams
- Asset Control
- Technology related degree and/or a minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar role.
- Previous data science experience.
- Worked with measures and KPIs.
- Working on remote teams.
- Proved experience with Project Management (manage priorities, standardization, automation, troubleshooting and long-term planning).
- Experience with process automation and workload reduction.
- Experience implementing new solutions from scratch.
- Experience with change management.
- Experience with software development (applied to data science).
- SQL experience.
- Experience deploying projects using machine learning.
- Proficient using Microsoft tools: Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Visio.
Skills and Knowledge
- Business mindset.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Diplomatic and sensitive when serving customers of a different mentality and culture.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Driven by results.
- Ability to learn on the fly.
- Problem solver (troubleshooting).
Preferred Level of Work Experience
3 – 5 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.