Requisition ID: req20600
Job Title: Audience Data Engineer
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 22 U.S. cities. Learn more at Rescue.org and follow the IRC on Twitter & Facebook.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our CRM Management team to help develop and grow the Audience data quality to ensure the organization is reaching everyone of its targets. The Audience Data Quality Engineer is significant investment in the IRC’s commitment to our supporters and has responsible for stewardship and quality assurance of data received from ever an increasing number of sources, both external and internal.
This role is newly created and plays a vital role in the support of IRC’s Direct Mail channel, a significant source of engagement and donations. The initial scope focuses on successful in-house adoption of the direct mail list management process, and expand to additional channels in support of the business needs.
The successful candidate will be tasked with planning, designing and executing data quality routines; and proactively monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on data quality issues to the organization. The development of protocols, creating and implementing monitoring procedures to monitor and ensure data quality and standardization, and suggesting process improvements will all be essential parts of this roll.
The Audience Data Quality Engineer will provide ongoing support, training, and documentation to multiple global teams, helping them to capture and extract high quality information for analytical decision making from IRC's systems. A key element of success is sharing best practices, insights and efficiencies across the marketing teams this role serves. This position directly manages a SQL Developer.
- Ownership and management of the Direct Marketing contact list pull process working with the USA Mass Market and other teams requiring Audience lists, campaign and source code creation. Includes accountability to support the direct mail calendar and defined SLA’s.
- Maintain, evolve, and evangelize the IRC’s core campaign hierarchy to enable better reporting and cross functional coordination of shared campaigns across channels
- Develop processes for determining the quality of the data in the databases from core systems and channels, including direct mail, email, IRC owned pages, 3rd party systems.
- Direct ownership of IRC’s backend data extracted from the CRM systems
- Write and execute procedures for creating summation fields, rollups, filters, tags, etc. that cannot be natively created in the CRM system for use in reporting, analytics, and audience segmentation
- Suggest, develop and launch processes for improving contact data quality.
- Help develop procedures and scripts for Master Data Management of the stored data
- Select and enable processes for automation, streamlined UX and client self-serve structure for frequent requests like data pulls.
- Work closely with the CRM & Database Lead and other Marketing Technology team channel leads (web, email, donation page, integrations) to introduce new data fields or sources into the databases, data quality and master data management processes.
- Perform ad-hoc data requests from the business community when required.
- Serve as the CRM & Database team’s internal champion to develop modern, efficient strategies and help to bring improvements to IRC’s database environment serving the CRM community.
Job Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years hands on with Data Management or Data Quality.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience with relational database technology with knowledge of all aspects of a comprehensive data quality focused role. Hands on development roles.
- Data profiling, quality rules definition, and automation. Root cause analysis. Experience of data manipulation and enhancement to correct common file issues.
- Experiencing with data process design, build and execution. Full lifecycle experience.
- Past experience with large-scale communications and data management (1,000,000 records or more with test segments and targeted populations).
- Worked in an agile delivery model without having consistent direct supervision.
- Good knowledge of fundraising databases, workflows, and documentation.
- Related experience working with databases dealing with customer PI.
- Direct Mail specific list management experience a plus
- Non-profit and/or international humanitarian aid experience a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a minimal of an intermediate SQL programmer.
- Must be able to work without immediate supervision.
- High aptitude for problem solving and analytic root cause analysis.
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to data quality.
- Strong planning and prioritization to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems; ability to identify areas to increase efficiency.
- Specific experience with Salesforce data, specifically Non-Profit use such as NGOC or NPSP a plus
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office Suite skills including Power Point, Excel, Access, Visio.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of data query and extraction tools (i.e., MSSMS, TOAD) a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL on several platforms (SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo, Postgres) also a Plus.
- Sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times.
Standard office work environment
Ability to travel as required
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.