The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR and VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. Products such as the Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift line are already changing the perception and acceptance of VR for the general public, and proving that AR/VR’s potential to change the world is immense — and we’re just getting started. Do you like working with big data? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to figure out ways to optimize user experience, retain users and push the boundaries of what AR/VR experiences can be - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging problems in this innovate field, at a scale that few companies can match.
Data Engineer, Analytics (Computer Vision) Responsibilities
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 10+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Extensive experience with programming languages, Python preferred
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- Hands on and deep experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience working within the field of Computer Vision
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.