We’re looking for a Product Data Scientist to join us on our mission to solve chaos in international real estate markets.
CASAFARI is the leading real estate data platform in Europe.
With operations in Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy, the company has grown exponentially supported by 170 team members of, at least, 25 nationalities.
We started CASAFARI with a mission to organise the real estate market into an efficient data-powered ecosystem to enable and accelerate deals through a transparent and safe B2B platform. CASAFARI isn’t just another data aggregator: it's an entire operating system that powers real estate agents in real-time, removing asymmetry of knowledge, accelerating transactions and opening up new opportunities for iBuyers, property developers, investors and Q-commerce operators and beyond to reach their investment objectives.
You will be working on one of these challenges:
- Similarity Search: Duplicate listing detection (there can be up to 50 different listings per property with varying metadata)
- NLP: named entity recognition and information extraction such as types of the property, names of locations, the status of property listings (from text and images), features of the property
- Computer vision: object identification, image classification, duplicate detection.
- Outlier and error detection
- Market analytics and property valuation model
What we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- 1+ year of experience in Python, quantitative analytics or data modeling
- Understanding of relational (SQL/MySQL) and non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, clustering and classification techniques
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking and ability to express and present ideas
- Hard-working attitude, high working performance, quick learner
- Mainly remote work with occasional team meetings in Lisbon
- Cool office in Bairro Alto, with 250 SQ.M. open terrace full of sun and plants
- Awesome team - the chance to work with smart and ambitious people with various backgrounds from all over the world
- Free access to CASAFARI platform (helpful if you’re looking for a place to live)
- Kitchen with fruit and healthy snacks (daily sliced fruit, cereals, rice cookies, peanut butter, peanuts, coffee, teas, milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk)
- A small library to feed your curiosity
- Pet-friendly - you can bring your four-legged best friend to the office