We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Do you have the experience we’re looking for and would you like to contribute in the development of an exciting environment? You’re welcome to apply for this position as soon as possible. The applications are reviewed continuously. Please note that the position can be filled before the application deadline and that only applications received via our website will be taken into account.
Do you want to join a world leader in the railway sector?
Alstom Sweden is looking for an ambitious Industrial Master Data Engineer working in a good and friendly environment for a challenging project based in our facility in MOTALA, SWEDEN.
The Industrial Master Data Engineer is responsible to ensure that the industrial Master Data are well implemented in the different systems (ERP, SES) and support their implementation at the Depot, Repair Centre, and Production site(s) in order to secure the production deliverables.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Implementation and Support Phase :
- Is the Key User for Industrial Information System Tools: ERP, SES...
- Perform the tests before implementation or update
- Ensure the data migration and eventually pilot the data rework.
- Train the users.
- Participate to the Key Users network.
- Industrialisation :
- Interface with Project Industrialisation for the Industrial deliverables, e.g. BOM requirements.
- Pilot the implementation of the following data in the systems: M-BoM, P-BoM, Routings, Work Centers, Tooling, Production Resources, Purchasing File
- Ensure the consistency of those data between the different systems.
- Build and maintain up to date the Industrial ERP data, including tasklists, the Bill of Material, the Process routings, the Configuration Management data
- Based on audits & return experience from the field, continuously improve, correct the data into the system.
Skills and education
- Technical education
- IT literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Swedish and English fluency
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Industrial background with 2 to 5 years’ experiences preferably in the railway industry or
- Technical background with 2 to5 years’ experiences preferably in the railway industry, ideally in an international organization
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
- Technical experience of Methods Engineering, writing, and improving manufacturing and/or maintenance work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards and systems
- Flexible and Adaptable. Can adapt to new ideas, new issues
- Able to execute the work autonomously, including all aspects of Methods Engineering
- Conscientious. Meets proposed deadlines with ability to work under pressure
- Team Player. Supports team members, Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Desire to learn and develop
- Decisive. Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions. Refers decision to others when appropriate
- Ability to Coach Others. Must share skills/information to others
- Self-Motivation. Is inspired by the job in hand and inspires others to achieve agreed goals
- Logical and organized
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Database, ERP, SAP, Facilities, Technology, Operations