Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
Rec Room continues to grow quickly (640% year over year on mobile!), thanks to the great product and our experienced marketing team. As the Senior Marketing Data Scientist, you'll work closely with the Growth org to build out our foundational data sets and add a higher level of sophistication to our marketing analytics. You'll think through developing our in-house methodology for evaluating marketing efficiency, providing visibility into previously difficult-to-understand channels, and helping us acquire users that are best for the business.
You'll be joining the quickly growing Data team, composed of Analytics Engineers and Product Data Scientists, and work off an entirely modern infra. The team is focused on driving impact through the product, and as the Marketing DS, you'll have the opportunity to define our growth strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work collaboratively across functions, regularly interfacing with the Marketing, Product Growth, and the Creator teams to optimize our marketing spend and outreach programs
- Partner with marketing leadership in strategy development, goal setting, and budget planning
- Provide end-to-end campaign support, spanning from pre-campaign goal setting and measurement plan development, to in-campaign performance insights and optimization recommendations, to post-campaign evaluation and lessons learned
- Provide strategic guidance by identifying predictive behavioral patterns that result in high-value users
- Lead experimental design for A/B tests across platforms
- Work with the events and creators team to define programs and incentives that can grow our userbase amongst key cohorts
- Own our LTV model that powers our marketing spend and decision making
- Work closely with our Analytics Engineering team to define some of our most important metrics, and build out the datasets that can power our next phase of data-driven marketing
- Develop and improve our performance marketing reporting platform
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of marketing analytics experience, with a proven track record of deriving insights that lead to significant marketing budget reallocation
- A Bachelor's or Master's in Math, CS, or related field
- Very strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Experience with media mix modeling a plus
- Experience with gaming LTVs a plus
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible insights
- Adept in visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CCPA disclosure notice here