The Global Risk Solutions Advanced Analytics Hub is seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist or Assistant Director of Data Science within the Analytics Transformation team. The Analytics Transformation team is responsible for championing the future of Data Science, helping incubate new ideas and encouraging innovation across Global Risk Solutions, with a strong focus on leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to drive business value. The team is looking for a passionate individual who is full of curiosity, open to new ideas, and willing to fail fast and embrace a culture of experimentation. This individual will join our Agile team and play an essential role in building out in-house AI/ML capabilities and be involved in the end-to-end product cycle, from ideation to model development/deployment to field implementation. The title will be based on the candidate's experience.
- Buildout in-house AI/ML capabilities with other team members, including data scientists, IT developers, and business stakeholders
- Research and develop computer vision, NLP, and other AI/ML models to improve operational efficiency, risk selection, claims response and pricing
- Collaborate with business partners to develop data science solutions that enable data-driven strategic decision-making
- Utilize data science techniques to manipulate structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to optimize business solutions.
- Collaborate with other data science teams across the company to promote best practices and reproducible work
- Act as a mentor and help develop less experienced analysts or interns on the team
The actual job level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level
Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelors' with 5+ years, Masters with 4 years, or Ph. D with 2 years of related experience (degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or other relevant field of study); Candidates with lower experience may be considered for appropriate level of position.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field preferred.
- Advanced Python and related programming skills developed through years of hands-on experience
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands.
- Expert skills in Tableau, Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint highly desired.
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.