Find a job that lets your imagination run wild!
WildBrain Spark is a digital media leader that creates, manages, and distributes kids’ entertainment content on platforms such as YouTube, Amazon Video Direct and ROKU. WildBrain Spark’s branded YouTube network is one of the largest of its kind, featuring over 500 brands and 300K videos across 800 kids’ channels.
Our team also produces original content at our studio including animation, stop motion and live-action, both for our channels and those of popular kids’ content and toy brands. If you have an idea, WildBrain Spark will help you develop and grow it into a reality! Our content reaches 1 in 3 kids globally with over 4 billion monthly views, engaging families everywhere! This huge reach could not happen without our legendary team – and we are looking to add to it!
To work at WildBrain Spark means you get to help create and share stories that lets your imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story!
We are looking to add a Data Scientist to our growing, talented team of innovators based in London (very near Euston Station) to shape the future of kids entertainment.
What we do:
This role is in our Data and Technology Group a small London based department focused on creating world-class content and metadata management, distribution, analytics and insight products and services that are grounded in the needs, wants and behaviour of our customers. We are experimentative, we make big and small changes, and we are motivated by the fact that everything we do has the potential to be impactful. We know we won’t always get things right first time and enjoy learning and exploring new ideas.
We are a multi-disciplined group covering Software Engineering, Product Ownership, Data Science (using AI and ML) along with Analytics and Insights. We form self-organised teams around delivering solutions to real-world problems – we are agile, we are flexible and above all we have fun. We are diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all. Our technology stack is mainly Python, along with PHP, Node and React. We mostly use GCP for data along with AWS and are exploring using Azure.
The interview process may take place via Microsoft Teams. We work flexibly and have a newly renovated office in Euston.
About WildBrain – a parent company of WildBrain Spark:
At WildBrain we make great content for kids and families. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library – one of the world’s most extensive – we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. Our shows are seen in more than 150 countries on over 500 telecasters and streaming platforms. WildBrain’s portfolio spans all areas of the entertainment industry: WildBrain Studios, where we develop and produce hit animated and live actions series; WildBrain Television, which is composed of prominent kids’ television channels in Canada (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and Télémagino); home to Peanuts Worldwide; brand management to some of the world’s most-loved kids brands; celebrated global licensing and distribution teams with WildBrain CPLG, and a leading children’s YouTube network in WildBrain Spark, one of the largest networks of kids’ channels on YouTube, with over 168 million subscribers.
WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Visit wildbrain.com to learn more!
What you’ll be doing:
Every day is different, brings new problems and challenges to solve. Typically you’ll be:
Exploring, Investigating, Developing, Enhancing and sometimes Decommissioning a range of in-house built ML and AI based tools, systems and services that enhance our content metadata, automation of activities and inspire future content production.
- Using data to shape the future of kids entertainment – collating, inferring, converting our data sets then building, training, deploying and enhancing AI models.
- Working with our Product Owners, Business Stakeholders, Customers, Users and others to explore requirements, test ideas and design new, bespoke solutions.
- Solve problems in new ways by pushing the boundaries of what ML technology can do.
- Practical experience of undertaking analysis, machine learning and using data science techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning and time series forecasting, and other statistical modelling.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and understand OKR’s, MVP’s and KPI’s.
- An understanding that even small changes can make a big impact.
- A good understanding of using SQL and Python along with established data science technologies.
- A good understanding of data science best practices based on commercial experience.
- A good understanding of transforming technology solutions for an ever changing world.
- General programming skills, appreciation for code management and code deployment techniques.