At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: Global Investigations is looking for a highly talented, self-motivated, and analytical individual to join the Cyber Fraud Investigations Team. The mission of the Cyber Fraud Investigations Team is to ensure the financial and reputational resiliency of PayPal and its subsidiaries through the resolution of complex investigations into incidents of fraud. This role provides an opportunity to work alongside leading investigations professionals in collaboration with law enforcement, private sector partners, and a broad array of internal stakeholders.
- Identify complex fraud patterns and their technical root causes through detailed data mining and analysis, including identification of sophisticated fraud methods employed by actors who are deliberately trying to avoid detection.
- Join data between platforms to track disparate fraud signals and develop a holistic view of fraud trends across PayPal’s adjacencies.
- Expand upon investigative fraud stories by developing statistics and data visualizations to quantify and broadly assess the impact of common root causes on the platform.
- Serve as technical SME for CFI by sharing new data mining techniques, maintaining technical reference documentation, and interfacing with partner technology teams.
- Collaborate across business and technology stakeholders to communicate analytic findings succinctly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide technical guidance for engineering projects that incorporate new data points into the investigation team’s toolkit, such as API integrations or internal data transformations.
- Successful track record of owning and driving large, complex data analysis projects.
- High level of theoretical and practical expertise in data mining and database technologies.
- Advanced understanding of financially motivated cybercrime trends and typologies.
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation and outside-the-box thinking in the creation of new capabilities and processes that are unstructured or exploratory in nature.
- Proven ability to develop effective, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Team player, energetic personality, curious, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work efficiently in a fast paced, changing environment.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics or data-driven investigations
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Proficient in one or more major programming languages (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, Java, Perl, etc.)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.