Data Scientist, Product Metrics and A/B Testing, Grade 8, Vancouver
What You'll Do
- Play a key role in the Scientific Metrics Group, to quantify return-of-investment and KPIs for Cisco’s internal products and features via scientific experimentation, such as A/B testing.
- Gather stakeholder requirements to design experiments and then deliver KPI and ROI numbers.
- Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Build dashboards and reports, and present clear recommendations based on experiment results
- Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Understand how our users interact with our products and features
- Drive data logging requirements to measure KPIs by engaging with analysts, business stakeholders, data architects, technology leads, and product development teams
- Automate analyses by authoring SQL/Python based ETL pipelines
Who You Are
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy.
- You have tremendous initiative to close the gaps you see.
- You are passionate about measurement, scientific experiments and KPI metrics.
- You are relentless to uncover why something doesn’t turn out the way you expected.
- You have exceptional skills and substantial work experience in statistics, hypothesis testing, and experiment design.
- You have high proficiency in software engineering for implementing the experiments and metrics.
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be part of the Enterprise AI organization within Cisco’s Data & Analytics Office. You’ll work with business stakeholders, data scientists, product managers, and sellers to produce effective solutions for critical sales problems.Minimum requirements for this role:
- 4 years of industry experience in KPI measurement, product analytics, and experimentation (i.e., A/B testing)
- 2 years of industry experience in hypothesis testing and experiment design
- Strong background in statistics; knowledge and/or experience with causal inference is a big plus
- Fluency in data analysis on large datasets, SQL, and Python
- Degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – People, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.