The R&C Managed Services team is integral to Dow Jones Data Strategy. The R&C Managed Services leverages our market-leading research expertise and methodologies to assist organizations with data-related projects, providing value-added services to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Dow Jones is looking for a Data Analyst to join our R&C Managed Services team who will be responsible for performing name screening and adjudication of AML alerts. As a Data Analyst, you will work on a client project with a team of Data Analysts whose primary responsibility is to ensure accurate review and high quality, timely deliveries to sensitive and high risk alerts. You will report to the Manager, R&C Managed Services.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, gives attention to detail, enjoys working in a dynamic environment and has a professional attitude.
This is an onsite project where you have to work at a client's office premises.You Will Own And Support
- Be responsible to analyze and investigate name matches by applying business, regulatory and country knowledge (where applicable) during the review and disposition of alerts.
- Perform watch list screening for name matching, utilizing an understanding of Bank AML and OFAC regulatory policies and procedures.
- Consolidate multiple data sets and analyze the data accurately and efficiently. Identify problems as they arise and provide appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Mitigate AML risks by clearing false positives and escalate cases that may raise suspicion to risk.
- Be responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and up-to-date internal documentation
- Operate within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards.
- Contribute to both team and product-initiated projects
- Fluency in English. Any other language skills will be a plus
- Confidence to make judgment calls and justify your decisions
- Ability to accurately analyze a situation, make connections between data and solve the problem
- Logical bent of mind and sharp eye to detail
- Resourcefulness to readily adapt to changing customer expectations
- Ability to work independently assuming ownership of work
- An openness to different views and opinions and an appreciation for team diversity
- Experience with name (or transaction) screening in the banking environment
- Previous experience with Factiva, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance (or similar products)
- Experience working on excel data
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content GroupUnion Status
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view Find Jobs - Dow Jones. Thank you.
Req ID: 35583