About Fusion Analytics
We believe in a future where analytics takes the lead role in steering organizations, and that Fusion is positioned as the leading consulting firm for this transformation. Founded in 2005, we are now 30+ employees and will be growing to 50 in the next 3 years. To make this happen we are looking for extremely smart people to join us. Our current client list is a who’s who of amazing companies, including MEC, Sobeys, Staples, IKEA, Walmart and Canadian Tire. We love what we do and know you will too.
Fusion will be hosting virtual information sessions on February 10th at 5PM EST. This is a great way to get your questions answered and learn about the work Fusion is doing. You can register for our info session at https://www.fusionanalytics.com/info.html.
What makes this role unique
- As part of our data science group, you will become a master in data science, statistical modelling & analytics
- Exposure to Canada’s largest and most successful companies
- Opportunity for promotion as we build our team
- Work with the smartest team of data scientists in the country
- One-on-one coaching from leading experts to ensure your success
- From day one everyone is encouraged to share their opinions, no matter their tenure or seniority
- No politics and we work hard for everyone to succeed
- Highly supportive work culture (learn more at https://www.fusionanalytics.com/team.html ).
- Team builders (e.g. BBQs, board game nights)
- Fusion is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer
Examples of typical projects
- Develop a complex analytical model to help a national home decor retailer optimize their business operation
- Build an integrated media mix model for a $20 billion international retailer
- Work with a major national retailer to develop a predictive model to measure, monitor and forecast key industry indicators
- An undergraduate degree with knowledge in data science (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Science)
- Strong technical skill in Bayesian statistics, data modelling, machine / deep learning models (R, Python)
- Natural curiosity for problem solving
- Passionate about doing excellent work
- Experience is an asset but not required
- Competitive top-tier data science level salary, health & dental benefits, share options at the management level
- Flexible start dates through 2021
- Flexible work arrangement
- Fusion head office,
- Home in any cities across Canada,
- or any WeWork / any remote workspaces location in Canada
- Sunday, February 14th, 2021
How to Apply
- Apply with a PDF copy of your resume and undergraduate transcript.
- Please name all files ((applicant name)) - ((document)) for example John Doe - Transcript.pdf.
- Your resume should highlight your education, your overall GPA, academic scholarships/awards, analytical experience (labeled as Analytical Experience), and other experience (labeled as Other Experience).
- We define analytical experience in its broadest sense (working in a medical lab doing tests, software programming, robotic design, engineering projects, financial modeling, etc.).
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.