A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions.
A Data Analyst job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analyzing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working with teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, MatLab, etc
- Data-oriented personality, Good scripting and programming skills
- Should have 4-6 Yrs. of relevant experience in Data Analysis role.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Should be proficient in analytical skills like data analysis & preparation of dashboards.
- Should have strong Knowledge on SAP and visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI tools.
- Should be expert in Excel.
- Advantage if familiar with MS office, MS Access, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Should be flexible to work in shifts.
- Should be flexible enough for business travel.