SDG is a high-performance software community. We are a team of collaborative and creative consultants who build and deliver custom software for some of the most recognizable local and national brands. In this role, you will be asked to leverage your current skills while also learning new ones. Working in over 500 different technologies and continually learning together, you can expect a one-of-a-kind and award-winning work experience. Our team at SDG has exceptional integrity and the desire to create the best possible customer solutions. We are proud to partner with our customers to consistently provide a successful working relationship as a high-performance team.
We are adding Data Engineers
to influence the direction of data modernization for our customers. We are looking for engineers, senior engineers and leaders in data ecosystems, to join our growing Data Practice. This person will work closely with our customers to manage, transfer, manipulate, or integrate data to ensure exceptional performance for their business. You will be a part of a tight-knit technical community, giving you the opportunity to constantly grow your development amongst top technical talent. SDG is looking for a hard worker with a team-oriented mindset, that has at least 3 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of cloud data integration tools and cloud data warehousing. A successful Data Engineer at SDG is a lifelong learner who is motivated to continually improve their craft and thrives amongst their fellow employee-owners.
SDG’s Data Developers have proven experience with the following responsibilities. If you do too, we want to hear from you:
- Design and development of relational and non-relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes using databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB, Azure SQL, Azure CosmosDB, AWS Redshift, AWS Lake Formation and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Development, monitoring, and maintenance of data integration and processing tools and pipelines using tools such as SSIS, AWS Glue, AWS Dataspider and Azure Data Factory
- Design and testing of machine learning and data science tools, including the integrating and deployment of data models using languages such as Python and R and tools including AWS Jupyter Notebooks
- Implementation of high-capacity, real-time data streaming technologies using tools such as AWS Kinesis and Azure Event Hub
- Data analysis and visualization tools including tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, AWS Athena, Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Leveraging non-database data storage alternatives to maximize performance, costs and data quality including storage solutions such as AWS S3
- Familiarity with security and security policies within AWS and Azure
- 3+ years of professional data development experience
- Experience delivering solutions in large scale enterprise environments
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Prior consulting or professional services experience is a bonus
- Education degree or certification in Computer Science, or the equivalent related work experience
What's in it for you?
- Full-time salaried consultant position
- A true stake in success. SDG is an ESOP - 100% employee owned
- Star Tribune Top Workplace winner the last 6 consecutive years
- National Top Workplace in 2022
- Engaged teammates who care about quality solutions
- Challenging and rewarding work with great customers
- Various opportunities to give back to the community
- Be amongst some of the best technologists in the industry
- Dedicated to our core values of superior customer service, exceptional employee experience, and responsible corporate citizenship
- Opportunities to connect with other SDGer’s via internal communities, committees, and events – virtually and in person
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.