At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible.
We’re totally redefining our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and you will have the space to move your career forward in many different areas/directions.
IT at PMI
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future implies a shift from a tobacco manufacturer to a science and technology-based consumer facing organisation.
Such a shift creates an abundance of unique and progressive IT projects to match all levels of skills and ambitions. You’ll feel like you’re working in a start-up – with the freedom to shape and define the future of digital, but with the support and scope of a vast global business. You’ll get a chance to work with innovative technologies (e.g., Cloud, APIs, AI) as well as management practices (e.g., Agile, Design Thinking, Product Management). Our environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative. If you want the freedom to find new ways to connect with consumers, there’s no better place to progress your career.
Digital at PMI is dynamic, diverse, and innovative. Join us and become a part of a top talent team where you can bring new ideas to life in a global function that is a key driver of the success of our business.
Joining Enterprise Analytics & Data
The Enterprise Analytics and Data (EAD) team is to enable consumer intimacy and the intelligent enterprise. We are driving, scaling and monetizing our investment in data to drive faster decisions, personalize consumer experience, and realize top-line and bottom-line impact across the value chain.
To unleash the value of data for PMI, we are driving a comprehensive data and analytics transformation program including the shift to a federation of data & analytics skills and capabilities to accelerate PMI on the journey to become data driven
We are looking for Data Engineer to join our Data Management Engineering team based at our offices in Lisbon or Amsterdam. The team is building a brand new platform which streamlines data management services and exposes them in a plug-and-play manner. The platform is meant to evolve through time with regular releases of new features, ranging from basic SQL monitoring to ML for data management (data quality, reference data, anomaly detection, standardization…etc.).
As a Data Management Services engineer at PMI, you will join a newly created team which is meant to grow. You will be developing data services on PMI landscape using AWS services (glue, lambda, S3, sagemaker…etc.), Python/Scala and Spark.
You will also need good notions of data preparation and application management (Airflow orchestration, CICD with Git, Jenkins and JFrog).
Additionally, we expect you to improve the current level of automation of our platform as well as do code reviews for your peers.
We are looking for people with 5+ years of experience in Python, Scala (Java), SQL programming and code versioning (ideally GIT) as well as CICD management. We expect you to understand fundamentals of OOP and functional programing. You should also have hands on experience in ETL/ELT (data processing, preparation of automation of pipelines). Experience in AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS Cloud Formation and Docker+Kubernetes will be an asset.Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Research, evaluate and develop new Data Management Service to support PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Continuously improve the performance of the platform and existing services by reassessing the technology and the architecture.
- Handle production support issues as they arise (problem solving, debugging).
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge and 5+ years of proven experience working with
- Python (advanced), Scala (Java)
- SQL programming
- Building ETL processes
- Code versioning (GIT/SVN)
- Data ingestion from APIs
- Problem solving skills
- Quick learning of new technologies
- Good communication skills,
- Good team-work spirit
- Experience in AWS Glue, AWS CloudFormation and AWS EMR
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Docker on Kubernetes
- Experience in Big Data stack (Hadoop ecosystem)
What’s in it for you?
There are many IT Organizations out there, so why should you join ours?
We believe PMI IT’s true strength is fuelled by our people, and that our success depends on them coming to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. We are a people first organisation committed to providing you with first-class employee journey. Here’s a glimpse of what’s in it for you upon joining us
- Work-life balance Wellbeing comes first. We offer a fantastic office environment and Smart working options to ensure you have the best work-life balance possible
- Learning & Development Your growth is a priority. Our robust and varied learning & development ecosystem will help you strengthen your technical skills and enhance your soft skills and eye for business. The capabilities you will acquire with us will support your life-time employability within IT, PMI, and beyond
- Inclusion & Diversity Our differences - much more than our similarities - generate the innovation we are looking for. We aspire to build a diverse and inclusive organization to access the breadth and depth of thinking and sensitivity necessary to thrive
Every single IT colleague is part of our Transformation journey. Join us and pursue your ambitions – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress. If this offer resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.
Together, let’s deliver a smoke free future.