Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of theVolvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 million Volvo Group customer assets. Together with colleagues, collaborators and customers we create real value within sustainable transport solutions.This is us, your new colleagues
Our Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics & AI has the purpose of unleashing the value of the data collected from the connected customer assets. Our Data Science team provides actionable insights for predicting and optimizing Volvo Group operations, as well as generating new value for our customers, by applying the latest advanced analytics techniques.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist within the CoE Advanced Analytics & AI. You will work together with a highly skilled team of Business Translators, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.The role
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning and AI techniques
- Develop and use data processing/analysis pipelines, from data preparation to final presentation of results
- Create value from data in a wide range of projects, ranging from insight generation and analytics building blocks to complete self-service solutions or services
- Drive your own projects and/or lead and coordinate Advanced Analytics team efforts as needed
- Use and promote a data-driven workflow, as well as the potential of applying advanced analytics, for the benefit of the Volvo Group
- Collaborate with a variety of functions within the Volvo Group in dynamic and interesting settings connected to analysis and data understanding
- Develop an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the Volvo Group data landscape and how this relates to the needs of the organization
- Actively share your knowledge and experience with colleagues in the Advanced Analytics team
- You have an advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related area
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems and are a creative problem-solver who is not afraid of complex challenges or unconventional approaches
- You are experienced in working systematically with large real-world datasets, from data collection, cleaning and preprocessing to analysis and visualization of results
- You routinely use programming as a tool for problem solving
- You are experienced in building an analysis approach from scratch, developing or adapting your own algorithms and tools when necessary
- You are able to select the important information from a body of work and present it in a way that suits the audience, and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have an inquisitive attitude and attention to detail, achieving interesting results of high quality
- Humor; because, in the end, working in the CoE team should be fun
Experience in any of the following skills is considered a plus
What can we offer you?
- Machine Learning techniques such as regression, classification, clustering and dimensionality reduction
- High-level programming languages for data science (Python, R, Julia, Matlab, etc.)
- Analytics tools and platforms (Pandas, SQL, Spark, AWS, DataBricks, etc.)
- Geospatial analysis tools and datasets (Geopandas, QGIS, OSM, etc.)
- Dashboard tools (Power BI, Qlik Sense, QuickSight, Kibana, etc.)
You will be part of a highly skilled data science team that creates great value together with our stakeholders in both short-term as well as long term engagements. We work within several domains across the Volvo Group and collaborate with both external companies and academia. The team combines the agile and fast-moving approach of a startup with the benefits of working in a global company. In our team you will be able to make a data driven impact on sustainable transport solutions for the Volvo Group and our customers.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electromobility and digitalization.Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact Maja Feirabend, Data Scientist in our Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics & AI, +46 31 323 65 96
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.