ERP Business Data Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. The Data Analysts gathers information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant stakeholders
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrating the significance of their work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact the business
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data
- Collaborating with the business or the management team to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Bachelor or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant;
- At least 3 years of experience with Data Analytics in a similar environment;
- Skilled in: Statistics, Economics, Business Intelligence, KPI’s ;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI
- Ability to utilise Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports (SAP, Power BI)
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.