Ipsos Interactive Services
Ipsos Interactive Services (IIS) is the global online center of expertise for the Ipsos Group. IIS offers a full range of survey-based services to the five Ipsos specializations. We base our work on advanced technological solutions and methodologies led by industry experts. As a result of our continuous growth in this area, we are currently seeking someone to join our team in Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg or Vancouver.
Purpose of Job
The Sr. Data Analyst of Data Processing is responsible for delivering exceptional quality and timely materials to Ipsos Researchers, enabling this group of people to meet their project objectives and to build and sustain lasting client relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Read, write and debug Dimensions, Python and SQL code.
- Prepare Dimensions, Python and SQL code for high profile clients as needed to ensure highest quality and timely deliverables.
- Prepare ad hoc queries as needed.
- Program and document fully to ensure robust, repeatable, reusable programs and techniques.
- Comply with programming standards, company directives and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with researchers and team members to identify client objectives and specifications.
- Understands client’s analytical needs; provides technical and analytical support for internal and external stakeholders.
- Train others on applicable technology, programs, and procedures.
- Acts as troubleshooter and problem solver throughout life cycle of project.
- Is quick to identify any issues requiring escalation and act as appropriate.
- Ensures work is delivered with highest level of quality at all times.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 5 – 7 years programming experience.
- Proficient with data processing platforms such as Quantum, Dimensions, UNIX.
- Programming experience in SQL or Python/Pandas.
- Knowledgeable of market research data processing processes & procedures
- Proven ability to be quick and accurate when assessing situations and in determining next crucial steps and to take appropriate action.
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact when handling difficult situations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter; ready to champion initiatives beyond the scope of the job.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and superior organizational ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.