Equifax is where you can power your possible. If you want to achieve your true potential, chart new paths, develop new skills, collaborate with bright minds, and make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you.
Synopsis of the role
As a Data Scientist within the Data Management and Modernization function at Equifax Canada, you will be critical to driving innovation, working closely with the rest of the Canadian Equifax Chief Data Office and the Data and Analytics community in Canada and internationally. You will partner with peers, internal stakeholders and external clients to deliver advanced methodologies and techniques, including ML and AI, to derive maximum value from our data assets. Leveraging Data Fabric as an enabler for business transformation, the Data Scientist will work to improve the quality and management of our data that enables the organisation transformation from a credit bureau to a data and analytics organisation. In conjunction with the Data team, this role will play a critical role in the overall data strategy by staying current on emerging trends and innovation in modern data management and analytical methods. Reporting to the VP, Data Modernization and working closely with the Data Acquisition and Data Governance teams, the Data Scientist will work with the Data Engineer and Data Architect to build traceable and automated data pipelines with quality built in. You will also look for new and innovative uses of our data assets.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new tools, advanced analytical techniques and solutions to drive the value and quality of our data assets.
- Architect of innovative solution components leveraging business and technical expertise.
- Contribute to evaluation of external data sources and data science capabilities
- Analyse complex and new data sources (Both Structured and Unstructured) to determine value and quality
- Design and build new data structures to maximise the value of our Cloud-based Data Fabric to expand into new data sources
- Design and develop new tools and methods to improve the consumption of data and data products including advanced data visualisations, geospatial analysis, and open source tools.
- Communicates results to senior leadership and external stakeholders, able to communicate the strategic impact of the.
- Collaborate closely with Data Acquisition to understand the overall data strategy and support through developing strong data quality plans
- Work closely with the data quality teams to proactively maintain the quality of our data, automate solutions, and look for anomalies and potential fraud in data contributions.
- Role is an individual contributor with responsibility in a highly technical discipline and may manage a small team of employees.
- Lead the analytical design for complex problem solution
- Lead the development projects with multiple data science deliverables leveraging business and technical expertise
What Experience You Need
- Proven track record of both business-minded and Data leadership
- 5+ years of proven hands-on experience designing, building and implementing analytical solutions to solve real world problems
- 4+ years of data science experience with strong knowledge of Python, SQL, R or SAS in a large data environment.
- 2+ years of experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud-based capabilities and platforms (Google Cloud experience is an asset)
- Experience in analytics, software engineering, data management/architecture or similar and experience in managing technical documentation
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics is essential
What Could Set You Apart
- Creativity, drive and the ability to identify efficiencies and opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and get teams to work together.
- Understanding of agile methodologies including the creation of epics and user stories
- Experience is Data Quality, Data Integration, and Data Governance
- Experience in large scale digital transformation initiatives
- Expertise in the financial services industry
- Experience working with credit or fraud data
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
Are you ready to power your possible? Apply today, and get started on a path toward an exciting new career at Equifax, where you can make a difference!
Equifax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.