At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.What you’ll be able to do:
- Developing and executing Machine Learning models to support credit risk assessment at loan origination and business questions, using programming language Python.
- Maintaining and enhancing operational scorecard models through their lifecycle.
- Explore new methodologies to create business solutions.
- Developing metrics and reports to monitor model accuracy and evaluate performance.
- Preparing analysis to back-test and compare competing models and methodologies.
- Execute both descriptive and inferential analyses in a timely manner.
- Work with data sources on multiple platforms (big data platform, IBM Mainframe, Unix/Linux, and Teradata).
- Effectively communicate and present technical material to a broad audience.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Master's degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or a closely related field of study
- 3+ years of experience with various Machine Learning/Deep Learning techniques
- 3+ years of strong programming skills in Python, SQL, C++, and JAVA
- 2+ years of experience performing data mining and managing large data sets
- 2+ years of experience managing large data sets (SQL, Teradata)
Our preferred requirements:
- Strong working experience and knowledge in developing Machine Learning models for POP scorecard
- 1+ years of experience in building machine learning credit scorecard
- Experience with parallel hyperparameter tuning, feature selection for XGBoost models
Familiar with Credit data
- Extensive experience working and communicating with a wide range of individuals from business, risk, model validation, and technology
- Ability to handle multiple projects within a given timeframe
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.