Searchlight Security is mission-proven as the world's leading provider of Darkweb intelligence and tools protecting society from the threats of the Darkweb. We are used by the world’s most advanced government agencies and businesses, enabling them to go further, faster, and deeper into the Darkweb. Our proprietary technology provides actionable data that was previously unobtainable, delivering insights, situational awareness and sense-making helping our customers keep ahead.
About the position:
This role will see you helping to build, maintain and create new data analysis tools and services for our clients to use. You'll be working alongside analysts, developers and our customer facing team under the direction of our Chief Technology Officer.
You will have experience in data science, machine learning and deep learning with several years' demonstrable experience. Primarily, we are looking for candidates with experience in natural language processing and optionally computer vision. Day to day you will use this experience to design and develop new techniques for gathering insight into our data so that customers can rely on us to quickly identify relevant information to them. With access to our large datasets, you can quickly test models and see performant ones deployed in production.
This position is based in Portsmouth, UK but remote working is available for the right candidate if required.
Senior Data Scientist Requirements:
- A strong understanding of Python and common frameworks used by data scientists (tensorflow, nltk, keras, scikit, numpy, etc)
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of natural language processing techniques, deep learning and computer vision
- Up to date on state of the art developments in the field
- Able to write clear, clean and documented code
Desirable & Beneficial:
- An understanding of Linux and the command line
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Annual bonus dependant on performance
- Stock options
- Friendly working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Company events
The recruitment process involves a phone screen, a technical test and then a face-to-face or teleconference interview.
Please note that benefits may be dependent on your experience, length of service, seniority and other eligibility criteria.
Due to our field of work and the client base for which we provide our services to, all employees may be subject to criminal, credit or other background checks.