Data Scientist – Marketing – £Competitive Salary – Switzerland 18 month FTC/Probable Perm Conversion – J11252
This renowned household name is looking for a High Performing Sports Data Scientist to support the activities of their digital marketing division. Using your expertise in data science and statistics you will ensure better decision‐making through data mining and the application of advanced analytics to derive actionable insights.
Role & Responsibilities
- Automate the delivery of data for driving KPIs and advanced analytics projects.
- Work closely with the marketing team to design advanced analytics projects and implement these within the team’s data management environment.
- Cleanse and mine various large data sets with multiple million observations.
- Convert various non‐tabular data sources across various channels into data tables for analysis.
- Lead external agencies with the delivery of advanced analytics projects and integrate the methods for replication internally.
- Support the building of predictive models, advanced analytics, coding and visualisations to facilitate a deep understanding of user behaviours across digital channels.
- Be creative with new algorithms and models to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and media investments to enable the project team to take action based on the results.
Experience & Skills Required
- Masters or PhD in statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, or a closely related field.
- Significant experience with R, Python and SQL within a commercial environment.
- Advanced abilities with data manipulation and preparation.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and validate specific modelling techniques and machine learning.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (particularly S3), APIs and Google Analytics is essential.
- Knowledge of other database technologies and previous experience with Tableau would be advantageous.
If you fit the above job description, please contact Teresa Cheeseman on 01256 314660 or via @datatech.org.uk (teresa.cheeseman).
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.