At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
BIG DATA ENGINEER - (NEW YORK, NY; HOBOKEN, NJ; BOSTON, MA; CHARLOTTE, NC DALLAS, TX MCLEAN, VA CHICAGO, IL; LOS ANGELES, CA; PHOENIX, AZ; SAN FRANCISCO, CA)
Staff – Financial Services – Data and Analytics – Data Architecture and Integration
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Data has yet to be utilized to its fullest potential. Financial institutions are looking to build smarter and more efficient ways to operate their business, through new opportunities uncovered by their data. Our clients look to us as trusted advisors to provide insights on how to ingest, interpret, and manage their data. We specialize in business intelligence, advanced analytics, and information management.
We provide constant room for growth through client engagements and personal development. Our practitioners develop and lead innovative data techniques and methods, supporting both business and technology leaders. This role provides the unique opportunity to build a professional network, tackle complex data issues, and drive cutting edge approaches across industry leading clients and domains. The experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will be part of diverse teams of professionals across different geographies to deliver a wide range of data and analytics services. You will be solving complex issues and driving growth across financial services.
Skills and attributes for success
Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Leading and coaching diverse teams of professionals with different backgrounds
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Establishing strong relationships with the clients
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment to pave your own career path
To qualify for the role you must have
A bachelor's or master’s degree
- Around 1 or more years of related work experience in banking, capital markets, insurance or asset management space
- Must have experience assisting clients with strategic Data Architecture/Integration or Big Data initiatives, preferably focused in financial services
- Strong experience in data architecture and integration technologies (ETL, data ingestion and distribution patterns, SQL, large data processing on distributed platforms, data warehousing)
- Hands on experience with at least one major Hadoop platform (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR)
- Hands on experience in developing or architecting Big Data applications using Hadoop and related technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, NoSQL, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Flink, Flume, Splunk, etc.
- Hands on experience working with at least one programming language and related technologies such as Java, Scala, Python, .NET, APIs.
- Hands on experience with streaming platforms and applications such as Spark streaming, Kafka, Storm, etc.
- Hands on experience with cloud related technologies (AWS, Azure, Redshift, EMR, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to assimilate new knowledge
- Ability to understand business challenges and translate them into value add analytics solutions
- Excellent leadership and teaming skills
- A willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 80%-90%
- Valid driver’s license in the US
- Valid passport
Ideally, you’ll also have
A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
- Prior consulting experience
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated and passionate leaders with a strong vision and desire to stay on the cutting edge of data technology and science. We are looking for individuals who aspire to build collaborative team environments and possess effective management skills while demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and industry knowledge.
If you have a genuine drive for helping consumers achieve the full potential of their data while working towards your own development, this role is for you!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Support and coaching from most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the industry
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.