The New York City Department of Investigation (DOI) is one of the oldest law enforcement agencies in the country with a mission of combating municipal corruption. It serves the people of New York City by acting as an independent and nonpartisan watchdog for New York City government, City agencies, and City employees, vendors with City contracts, individuals and entities that receive City funds.
DOI seeks a Data Analyst who will support the criminal and policy-driven investigations of the Inspectors General. The Data Analyst will report to the Director of Data Analytics and will be part of the Data Analytics Unit that conducts large scale data collection and analysis to assist DOI investigators with building and enhancing complex investigations.
The Data Analyst is expected to:
- Develop and enhance practices for identifying patterns and trends related to fraudulent financial activity.
- Ensure the collection, management, and analysis of quality data from external sources.
- Conduct quality assurance of data.
- Maintain, summarize, and report on outcomes of data searches.
- Work collaboratively with DOI investigators to generate investigative leads, create reports, and interpret data.
- Present findings in a cogent manner through detailed and accessible reports to key decision-makers.