dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalised customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. Our strategic process, proprietary insights, and multichannel media capabilities build loyalty with customers to drive competitive advantage and sustained growth for clients. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Tesco, Monoprix, Raley’s, Macy’s, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and PepsiCo. For more information, please visit us at www.dunnhumby.com.dunnhumby is looking for a talented Senior Research Data Scientist!
You will apply machine learning techniques and algorithms to create dunnhumby science solutions that can be delivered across our clients and engineered into science modules.What you'll be doing:
- Create new solutions that can be captured as science modules and applied across clients, and articulate how these solutions can distil complex problems into compelling insights that resonate with clients.
- Research the latest machine learning approaches, and share the knowledge across the team.
Who you’ll get to work with:
- Use programming skills, such as Python, Spark and sci-kit learn, in order to develop efficient and scaleable science code for science modules
- Perform exploratory data analysis to characterise and visualise datasets
- Develop mathematical models for business problems to enable statistical and machine learning techniques to be applied
- Help identify new opportunities within the Data Science space for future dunnhumby solutions.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues to resolve challenges and support code reviews.
- Lead by example by following Quality Assurance processes, ways of working and coding standards.
- Ensure smooth running of your projects & support junior team members with their projects.
- Ensure clear and effective communication across your projects and build strong relationships within the team and with internal stakeholders.
Within dunnhumby you’ll work with
- Applied and Research Data Scientist teams
- Technology and Product teams
- Global Client Lead and Capability teams
- Data Science Engineering teams
Externally, you’ll frequently be in contact with:
QualificationsWhat you'll need:
- Data Science Teams within our Retailer / Manufacturer Partners
A plus if you also have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Experience of a wide range of machine learning techniques including regularised regression, clustering and tree-based ensembles, and ability to implement them through libraries.
- Experience with open source machine learning packages, such as Pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow.
- Experience with handling large data volumes with modern data processing tools, e.g. by using Hadoop / Spark / SQL Analytical Techniques
- Analytical Technology
- Desk Research
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Statistical Modelling
- Programming (Python, SQL, R,…)
- Data Interpretation/ Insight Analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Insight Storytelling
- Client relationship building and management
- Presentation skills
PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.Life at dunnhumby
dunnhumbians are passionate people who always start with the customer, we are ambitious and decisive, we listen and understand, innovate and explore, and work together to grow one dunnhumby.
Our approach to Flexible Working
- Here you'll be part of a culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels.
- You’ll get to work in an internationally collaborative environment alongside teams of ambitious, inquisitive and forward-thinking individuals.
- We believe that learning and development never stops and provide opportunities to feed your curiosity to understand, improve, and learn; encouraging everyone to build on the best of what we do.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology delivering extraordinary impact for our customers.
- We’re a great believer in work-life balance offering flexible working hours plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- dunnhumby's spirit of community and the diversity of our people's skills, backgrounds and experiences makes us stronger. We continuously seek to build an environment of inclusion, equality and respect because we know that will make us the best business we can be.
- At dunnhumby, we value and respect difference and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work. We believe that you will do your best at work if you have a work / life balance. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please raise this with your recruiter, as we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Discover where a career with us can take you. Meet our people on YouTube to learn about the diversity in career paths across dunnhumby. For more about our culture and to explore the benefits we offer visit our Careers site.Primary Location:
Data and Analysis-Research Data ScienceJob Type:
May 27, 2020, 5:17:57 AM