Olsen Consulting specializes in the implementation and optimization of enterprise resource management systems for our clients across Canada and the United States. We strive to bring our clients forward into the future by helping them automate their business processes. Our mission is to help our clients capitalize on their systems and data through expertise, creativity, and excellence. Our business is optimizing our clients' businesses. To do this, we are actively cultivating a highly integrated team that strategically leverages their talents and capabilities to solve problems and streamline processes.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to help grow our quickly expanding team. If you are a data analyst with strong people and problem-solving skills, solid data analysis experience, and an unwavering desire to learn then we want you!
As our Data Analyst, you will:
- Create meaningful products whose scope ranges from automating day-to-day tasks to driving the strategic direction of a business.
- Apply advanced analytical methods and theory on big data sets to efficiently solve challenging problems
- Develop ETL pipelines to conduct end-to-end analysis according to client specification and needs
- Leverage multiple data sources and programming languages to create reporting and performance monitoring tools and dashboards
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, reporting tools and other structures
- Derive meaningful, communicable insights from the data and tell a story with it
- Clearly demonstrate your technical expertise to audiences of all levels and across multiple disciplinary areas through presentations and client demos.
- Perform internal research and development with the goal of being a leader in the development, update, and management of the data and information field
- Trouble-shoot/resolve data errors, omissions, conflicts, or inconsistencies
- Collaborate with industry partners to collectively tackle inefficiencies, identify high-value gaps, and develop elegant solutions in construction technology.
- Play an integral role in the development and success of Olsen - we are quickly growing and expanding into other opportunities.
- Have the opportunity to revolutionize the construction technology industry with future projects in blockchain, ML and AI
- Experience with data management and databases
- Comfortable with technology and ERP systems
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from statistical data
- A team player, with a desire to thrive in an innovative, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- High level of integrity, ability to handle the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines with competing priorities across multiple clients.
- A commitment to learning and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business, Information Technology or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience with Excel, Power BI, SQL, VBA, Python, R Programming Languages or other relevant programs/languages.
Benefits of working at Olsen Consulting:
- Team environment committed to excellence
- Work from anywhere and set up your own hours
- Work on compatible projects to ensure your success
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Benefits plan
- Paid sick/personal days
- Competitive salaries
- Open and honest communication
- Positive work environment
- Overtime banking
- Additional holidays