One Company … Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Data Analyst
Ready to be a part of a Fortune 50 Company? State Farm is looking for you!
State Farm Insurance Companies… where we work hard AND play hard!
P&C Analytics is looking for someone with a passion for learning, strong analytic skills and the ability to develop complex business analytic solutions for business partners (Through the use of statistical process controls and natural language generation). The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
- Candidates should have exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities as well as strong technical skills for this role, including:
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Ability to navigate data models, data structures and metadata documentation
- In-depth knowledge of State Farm business practices, operations, data sources and processes (especially as related to P&C Claims and P&C Underwriting/Actuarial)
- Qlik Sense, R, Python, SAS, and/or SQL experience
- Experience with various internal data and/or assets (e.g. PCADSS, SPAAA, SFMS, Shoppers, FDW) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
Be Part of Our Community of Good Neighbors:
Working at State Farm®, you’re part of our neighborhood; a passionate group of individuals driven to create possibilities and provide solutions for all of life’s moments. Like a good neighbor, you help life go right for yourself and those we serve. Here you receive the support, encouragement and wealth of opportunities to succeed. Because, when you’re part of our neighborhood, your next achievement is right around the corner.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn’t want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!