Junior Geospatial Data Scientist
Remote Who We Are:
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.Our Mission:
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.Growth You’ll Foster
As a Geospatial Data Scientist at Regrow, you will create the data products behind our agricultural monitoring, reporting, and verification tools. Using your expertise in imagery analysis and machine learning, you will build tools Regrow uses to identify regenerative agricultural practices globally, allowing growers and the companies that depend on them to build more sustainable supply chains.What You'll Do
- classification, and segmentation. Applications are focused on agriculture, rangeland management, and land cover/land use mapping.
- Leverage remote sensing and other spatial datasets for model development and validation, including multispectral imagery, weather and soil data, in-field measurements, and farm machinery datasets.
- Work with domain experts and product owners create derived data layers
- Contribute across the full product life-cycle: conduct R&D on potential focus areas, develop proof of concept data products for new offerings, and iterate on existing models to improve core products.
Desirable Skills: (bonus if you have them)
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Earth Science, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Experience building statistical, machine learning, and/or simulation models using remote sensing datasets.
- Strong Python programming skills, including scientific and machine learning libraries (NumPy, SciPy, SKLearn, TensorFlow, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to apply remote sensing imagery to large-scale monitoring and/or modeling in agriculture and/or natural ecosystems.
- Experience in using deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Keras, or TensorFlow.
- Excellent English language presentation and communication skills
Envision Yourself Here
- Ability to apply standard software development processes and clearly document results.
- Familiarity with Google Earth Engine or other cloud-based satellite imagery analysis environment
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.