AM LLC has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Data Analyst to support Hacienda la Puente Unified School District public health programs. This is a remote position with no travel required. This position will begin immediately.
The successful Senior Data Analyst will be data-driven with strong analytical skills and a proven record of finding insights in disparate data and using that information to drive decision making, as well as experience in identifying communicable disease outbreaks from public health data.
- Develop and implement efficient data collection strategies, provide analytics for both internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining optimum quality and attention to detail.
- Identify epidemiological outbreaks or clusters from COVID-19 case data.
- Provide consultation, as needed, regarding optimal statistical methods and analysis designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot unanticipated data problems or unexpected results and provide solutions to resolve identified concerns.
- Produce detailed reports that can be readily understood, using best-practices in data visualization and statistics.
- Effectively communicate results to the team and make recommendations based on identified trends or insights found in the analysis.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of project managers, analysts, coordinators and clients to identify and develop project-specific KPIs and how best to present them.
- Provide guidance and support for team members in data analysis and visualization best-practices, new and current technology, Tableau functionality and ETL processes.
- Design and deliver reports to internal and external stakeholders, ensuring they are accurate and timely, follow best-practice guidelines for data visualization and provide relevant insights and key metrics that can be readily understood.
- Provide consultation, as needed, regarding optimal statistical methods and analysis designs
- Perform required data cleaning and manipulation prior to analyses
- Identify and troubleshoot unanticipated problems with the analyses or results.
Education/ Skill Requirements:
Master’s degree in public health related field
- Must be highly proficient with Tableau and Tableau Prep Builder
- Strong proficiency in computer programs and data analysis tools, to include R, Tableau, Excel, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms
- Minimum of 2 years experience with communicable disease data manipulation and analyses in a public health setting and 5 years experience in data analysis
Strong understanding of Data Security and Compliance – particularly with HIPAA and PHI data access and storage
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and enjoy working on different problems every day
- Ability to learn quickly and to take ownership of each project or task
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project delivery
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong English language communication and interpersonal skills
PC with Windows 10 or Mac with Mac OS 10.15 or newer.
- Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, for Mac Antivirus Protection: Sophos.
- Experience with Google Suite.
- Must have a quiet, dedicated workspace.
- User provided home high-speed network connection.
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we are reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they were submitted on a rolling basis.