Ctrlio helps motor insurers win customers more efficiently and manage their risk portfolios in real-time. Good for the insurer, the channel and, most importantly, the customer.
We are expanding the Ctrlio team and are looking for a talented full-time data scientist, who has experience with modern data engineering techniques, to help us deliver the technology that creates this change. You’ll be part of an amazing team of data scientists and software engineers using our modern tech stack (Python, Go and Pyspark running on a staggeringly fast AWS microservices architecture).
At Ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver, and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to transform the insurance marketplace.
In this role you will
- Carry out advanced analytics on our unique, complex data that will set the company direction
- Create innovative machine-learning solutions that sit at the core of our real-time architecture
- Build for production: at Ctrlio we have a very collaborative culture - we work as one team, with our data scientists and software engineers working side by side, producing high quality and robust results
What you'll need to be successful
- Experience in the insurance industry is a big plus but an innovative mindset is just as important - our goal is to change the way the industry works
- A track record of translating data into commercial value
- An ability and a love for wrangling large, messy, real-world datasets and building data pipelines to process them
- Comfortable using different big data technologies, and tools, and a passion for learning new ones
- An ability to deliver key results in a timely manner
- Experience of predictive modelling techniques and how to build production ready models in a real-time environment
- Experience with good engineering practices (e.g. Git version control)
- An open and proactive approach to working in a largely remote team
What you'll achieve
Become familiar with the Ctrlio business, tech stack and architecture
- Work closely with our team of data scientists, product owners and software engineers
- Carry out deep-dive analysis into our biggest areas of interest
- Create high-quality, well validated predictive models on large datasets
- Participate in our sprint process
Become highly knowledgeable about Ctrlio products and where we sit in the industry
- Take responsibility for new data science projects and data pipelines - driving the analytics that will set our company direction
What you’ll get from us:
We realise exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success, so you can do your best work.
At Ctrlio, you’ll get a competitive salary, equity options, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days and a flexible working environment aimed at helping you get the most out of both work and home life.
We are currently working fully remotely but will give you everything you need to work effectively from home. We plan to remain mostly remote for the foreseeable future but have created a great remote working culture - ask about our daily lunch n learns, tea and biscuits, snack deliveries, pizza hackathons and more.
As restrictions ease, we’ll provide access to flexible and safe working spaces in London. We’re all looking forward to the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, and Summer and Christmas parties.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact – join us!
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. We will use your e-mail address to acknowledge receipt of your application and to contact you should you be suitable.
Due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot enter into communication with individuals at this initial stage. If you do not hear from us within 90 days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Your personal data will be deleted after 90 days if the above applies.