Corporate Office, 15445 Innovation Dr, San Diego, California, United States of America Req #1088
EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
The Global Solar Optimization Platform is focused on building end-to-end solutions for our solar sites around the world and transforms the data into meaningful metrics for our customers.
Our team ingests massive volumes of data and generates a series of KPIs that help us and our customers understand how our sites are performing, where and why they are under-performing, what the most common problems are, etc.
The number of sites and the volume of data is growing fast. We'll need your help building smart, reliable, and performant solutions to make the most of the data.
Our current stack includes Redshift, RDS, Glue, Lambdas, S3, the AWS developer tools, and other AWS technologies. If you have good ideas for alternative solutions, we want to hear about it!
Near-future opportunities (as in later this year!) include being a part of solving and building solutions for our revolutionary state-of-the-art energy storage solutions.
- 25% - Translate complex business use-cases into detailed technical implementations
- 25% - Define and craft our data models and database structures
- 15% - Create, improve, and maintain automated, highly-reliable data pipelines
- 10% - Build data integrations within our data platform and between partners
- 10% - Define, design, and build data testing and quality frameworks
- 10% - Help mentor and educate your teammates (and vice versa) to expand everyone's skillsets
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Degree/Certifications/License/Experience/Specialized Knowledge/Skills)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience working in software engineering
- 2+ years working with Big Data in a cloud environment
- Strong experience with RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL) and SQL
- Strong experience with database design, specifically geared towards Big Data
- Experience with at least one data processing tool such as Spark
- Experience working in a cloud technology environment, preferably AWS, with services such as RDS, Redshift, Glue, EMR, as well as basics such as IAM, S3, EC2, and Lambda
- Experience building and maintaining critical, reliable ETL pipelines
- Experience writing high-quality, production-ready code, preferably in Python (C#, Scala, Java, or Go are also acceptable)
- Comfortable with Git and navigating the command line
- Proactive communicator who can translate between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Team player who is interested in sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- Someone who stays up-to-date with high-potential new technologies, and can evaluate and present to the team
95% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 5% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.