Singtel, Asia’s leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values – Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence – shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
As Singtel GE progresses in its Digital Transformation journey, we are continually looking for new ways to understand our customers better and build better customer experiences, while maintaining and enhancing existing use cases to deliver value over the long-term. We are looking for Data Scientist role to a grow our internal Data Science/Engineering resource pool. He/She will contribute directly in projects spanning across Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence and Statistical Analysis.
The main job responsibilities includes:
- Dive into Singtel GE internal and third party data (Cloudera Data Platform, data.gov.sg, external market intelligence) to make strategic recommendations (e.g., personalized user flows, segmented marketing audiences, more accurate recommendations, churn prediction, propensity models).
- Serve as a subject matter expert to other Analysts across the company as an available resource for all things related to analytics.
- Develop and maintain machine learning/deep learning models for propensity modeling, user segmentation, text analytics, churn prediction, personalisation/recommendation
- Tell stories that describe analytical results and insights in meetings of all sizes with diverse audiences
- Provide analytics-based thought leadership across a variety of technical and non-technical audiences to get stakeholder buy-in to the digital initiatives
The successful candidate should possess:
- A degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Business Analytics or Industrial Engineering. A relevant Master’s degree (or higher) is highly regarded and can be used in place of some work experience. Additional certifications in Big Data (Spark, Cloudera, Hive), or Machine Learning will be advantages
- 2+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis and complex problem solving. Successful data application case studies where the individual contributed to.
- Experience in deploying analytic solutions as well as machine learning and/or optimization models in production.
- Strong command of SQL, and either Python, or Hadoop frameworks along with some experience with Tableau. Proficiency with similar BI and visualization tools is also transferable.
- Extensive experience directly querying large data sets including networks data, customer usage data, third party data and raw data ingested from non-standard platforms.
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, PySpark)
- Solid statistical knowledge and analytic thinking, ideally utilized in modelling and experimentation. • Experience with automation technologies (UIPath, TagUI, Airflow, Power Automate) is a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and push business partners to focus on realistic goals and projects.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills to concisely communicate in a way that provides context, offers insights, and minimizes misinterpretation.
- Ability to write concise technical documentation
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.