Cloud Data Engineer
As a Barclays Cloud Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of Corporate Data service team that provides a centre of excellence for data and integration services across Corporate Banking Technology. In this exciting opportunity, you will manage the delivery of AbInitio, Python, Hadoop and MongoDB based batch and real time integration solutions and maintaining them. In this role, you will also be responsible for the migration of on-prem ETL applications on to a Cloud based infrastructure.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.Working Flexibly
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.What will you be doing?
What We’re Looking For
- Understanding agile development methodology and practicing it in day-to-day work
- Delivering high-level and low-level design documents with middleware strategy, standards and adhering to BEM middleware principles
- Ensuring DevOps principles are adopted in applications
- Undertaking analysis of change requests/ incidents against applications/ products within domain
- Handling story-based development/ unit test and adherence to all coding standards
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
- Reporting progress in JIRA against assigned activities in a timely manner
- Supporting Data Discovery and Analysis
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience in ETL Tools: AbInitio Co>Op Systems (v3/ v4) with Hadoop and MongoDB
- Exposure to Ab>Initio Continuous>Flows
- Knowledge of SQL/ PL SQL – Relational (Oracle/ Teradata) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Unix and Shell scripting experience
Where will you be working?
- Data modelling knowledge
- Familiarity with and understanding of Deployment on Cloud/ Containerisation
- Previous experience of working as a Developer/ Analyst
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.