As a Senior Data Engineer at Zalando, you'll act as a connector between our data teams and the rest of our diverse engineering department to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS and Google Cloud)
- Consulting and helping our teams to develop, implement and maintain sustainable, high-performance, growth-ready data-processing and data integration systems
- Adding value by leveraging and setting new trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Supporting our strategy and coming up with innovating ideas to build world class data integration systems one step ahead of the industry
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Good knowledge in Big Data technologies (e.g. BigQuery, Presto, Hive, Spark)
- Experienced in Java
- Ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies
- Ambitious in further optimizing and researching how Presto, Hive and other distributed systems can work together at scale
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
You will work for Digital Foundations Data Warehousing department in Zalando in the team that is taking care of providing central, trusted core data sets for the whole company. Data Warehousing aims to provide information extracted from the company's data and consultancy on building data pipelines for several data consuming and processing teams at Zalando. We serve as well business analysts, machine learning experts and software engineers with prepared information.