BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Senior Data Engineer
Job Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date: 24/06/2020
Location - Bonn, Prague or UK&I
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to be a Senior Data Engineer in the Information & Performance Management CoE
In the role of Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and optimizing the data flows and collection of data for cross-functional teams, as well as expanding and streamlining our data pipeline architecture.
You must have experience in ETL and Big data pipeline building as well as in data wrangling, and you enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. In your role, you will support our big data and database architects, data analysts and data scientists with data initiatives, as well as ensuring that the optimal data pipelines design and development is consistent throughout ongoing projects. It is essential that you have strong fundamentals in big data architectures, data preparation, quality, transformation, modeling, streaming, loading & reporting.
What are you accountable for?
- to implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business. The Data Engineer owns and extends the business's data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets;
- the development of reliable data pipelines that translate raw data into powerful features and signals;
- to monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and partnership with other Data and Analytics teams to identify and implement system and process improvements;
- to collect the metadata in our data catalogue system where all available data is maintained and cataloged;
- to works closely with data analysts, data warehousing engineers, and data scientists in finding and applying best practices within the Data and Analytics department as well as defining the business's data requirements, which will ensure that the collected data is of a high quality and optimal for use across the department and the business at large.
What will you need?
- Extensive working in IT in the Consumer, Technology, Logistics industry with Customer facing applications.
- 2 or more years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores
- Experience in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g. Nifi, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Advanced experience Scala, Java, Python, etc.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.